LIMO's process head Compact Beam Shaper (CBS) has a compact design and uses integrated high-grade micro-optics to generate line-shaped or square laser beams. Each of these two beam geometries is available in various different sizes. The result: LIMO's latest beam shaping module provides a budget-friendly way to complement any basic equipment for laser application development, in both scientific and industrial fields.
The features of the CBS include:
- slim-design aluminum housing (diameter of 32 mm, 120 mm long)
- Inhomogeneity across entire area is < 15%
- line-shaped beam geometry: line lengths of 2 mm – 110 mm (e.g. 46 mm x 1.6 mm)
- square beam geometry: 2 mm – 110 mm (e.g. 8 mm x 8 mm)
- with SMA905 connection
This process tool is compatible with all diode lasers up to 120 W with a wavelength of 808 – 990 nm and an available SMA connection. With the right beam geometry, the Compact Beam Shaper can be used in application-specific laser material processing, e.g. for:
- selective heat treatment of various different materials (such as metal)
- plastics welding
- and much more!