The "Fast-Axis Collimator" lens is the first and most important optical component in the development and production of diode laser systems. Thanks to the enhancements of the production process, LIMO has the capability of producing up to 140-mm glass wafers (5.5 inches x 5.5 inches). The result: 6,000 FAC lenses with typical dimensions and consistently high optical quality can be made from just one of these wafers in series production.
As the demand for quality optics increases enormously, especially in markets with safety-relevant, laser-pulsed applications, LIMO offers customers with inquiries of more than 10 million FACs a production on 300mm wafers. Thanks to constant performance and optical functionality, these high-quality glass optics are a better alternative, even in harsh ambient atmospheres, to plastic optics in applications such as LIDAR, ID sensors and machine vision.
- Made from high-quality glass
- Acylindrical surface
- Almost diffraction limited performance
- Also available with bottom tab for easier installation
- Anti-reflective coating with lowest absorption for high-power applications
- Large numeric aperture allows the collimation of the entire diode power with best beam quality.
- Best transformation efficiency for diode lasers thanks to high transmission and good collimation properties
- Collimation of high-power diode lasers and fiber lasers
- Fiber coupling
- FACs made of fused silica optimized for high-power blue wavelength range applications
Effective focal length [mm]
Remaining divergence [mrad]
of Fused Silica
of Fused Silica
+/- 0,22 (1 μm emitter)
+/- 2,20 (10 μm nano-stack)